Hello,

Looking for group wisdom to avoid newbie mistakes with a GPS splitter.

For context, I’m a home- not National- or University-Lab.
That said, I have a non-zero budget.

Today:
        Antenna
        1- CORS RTK GNSS Survey Antenna high gain measurement GNSS GPS GLONASS
BDS <https://www.ebay.com/itm/253786590956>
        2 - patch antenna - works really well with Time Hat, even a few meters
way from window

        Splitter
        1 - Symmetricom 58536A

        Devices
        1 - Auction Site GPSDO
        2 - Leo Bodnar GPSDO
        3 - Time Hat <— wow!  a fan!
        4 - (on the way) 2nd Time Hat

        Site
        - suburban, forest to the S, hill to the N

Challenge:

        Existing  splitter is L1 only (I think), which blocks the many newer
GPS satellites.
        With my compromised (for GPS) location, that’s not so good.

I need / want a wider band GPS Splitter

        1 - some posts talk about removing the bandpass filters in an existing
splitter
                OK, but (a) it nukes any value of that splitter, and (b) those
filters also eliminate other interference (yes?)

        2 - new choices seem to be in the $1000 and way above, outside of my
budget

        3 - more interested in ‘ready to use’ than ‘have to add on bypasses' to
power the antenna (e.g., Cable TV splitter)

        3 - auction site has numerous options, but I’m not sure how to
'separate wheat from chaff’

                LOL, some of you may be the sellers :)

                several items $500+  <— more than I want to spend
                several items $30 -   <— I’d rather not get  aTV antenna
splitter and a hobby to make it work

                324575653743  GPS Source S14 $175

                153359161105  GPS Antenna Splitter GPS/GLONASS L1 GALILEO E1
BEIDOU B1- FedEx Fast Ship SV1AFN $120

Thoughts?   Thanks for the group bandwidth.

Scott W7SLS

PS:  yes the Symmetricom 58536A will be for sale after I replace it.