On 7/6/21 5:14 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
Hi

The observer (at 41 deg 21 min N)  is *north* of where I live. I most certainly
am located in an
area that has a “blank” over the north pole.

Bob

GPS orbit inclination is 55 degrees. If you plot the ground track, it just touches 55N and 55S (i.e. there are times during the orbit when the satellite is directly overhead the latitude = inclination), so you'd have to be north (or south) of 55, to have an actual hole to the north.

Now, it's true that at 40N, there's not a lot of satellites to the north, and they'll be high elevation.