Am 22.11.21 um 18:31 schrieb Erik Kaashoek:
Some time ago I needed a output at 10,000000.001Hz so I tried to do that with a SI5351. Using pure integer math (as the PLL and divider register are integers) i search for a combination of 3 divider/multipliers that gave the least error. If the reference frequency is not integer related to the internal PLL frequency and  multiplier/divider registers you always will have limited accuracy as there is a fractional error. The amount of error will depend on the number of digits in the multiplier/divider register lengths and the care you take to search for the best solution.
If the DDS has a PLL driven clock this could be the cause.

There once was a BCD DDS chip made by Standard Telecom.
Doing that in an FPGA would be an easy exercise.

Cheers, Gerhard