On 18/12/2021 21:13, giuse...@marullo.it wrote:
Hi Bob,
If you have a requirement for always being in the microseconds rather than
milliseconds, PTP is a better approach.
I just need it for logs and computer time sync, PTP seems overkill for my
requirements.
It is a small lab, then maybe I could offer NTP (SecureNTP) service for the
rest of the company, if I will add other NTP/SecureNTP servers depending on the
load.

Giuseppe Marullo
IW2JWW - JN45RQ

Giuseppe,

If you are considering something for "the rest of the company" you could save yourself a lot of bother by getting something like the LeoNTP box:

  http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=272

  https://store.uputronics.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=70

It just sits there and works, and can serve many thousands of NTP clients. Good luck in finding one, though, due to the current component shortage.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk