Hello Time-Nuts,

I would like to download files from a Trimble NetRS via ftp and seem
to be running into a roadblock.

I'm running NetRS firmware 1.3-2 talking to it with a Windows-10
running a DOS command prompt window.

Issuing an 'ftp IP'  (IP = IP address of NetRS) gets a response of
'Connected to IP.' (there is a period after the IP address).  Then,
nothing.  No prompt asking for user name, and no response to any
keyboard input.  Then, after a timeout period, it responds with
'Connection closed by remote host.'

I have tried switching to named versus anonymous ftp on the NetRS.
Have also switched to another computer running Windows-7.  Always
behaves the same.

Any suggestions?  Has anyone connected to the ftp server on the NetRS?
 I have to believe that it works (if you get everything right) as
there are many of these units collecting remote data around the world.

Thanks,
Skip Withrow