On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 04:49:51PM -0600, Kevin Day wrote:

> I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but we've got a rather good
> reason for using TCP, even though UDP will actually form a working
> connection. Anyone on Comcast's "small business" service is forced to use an
> SMC cable modem/router. Its NAT implementation is capable of letting tinc's
> UDP tunnels work fine, but they limit a single UDP stream to 1mbps. I've
> confirmed with some techies at Comcast that this is by design. The only
> workaround for us to get a fast tunnel is to switch to TCP. 
> 
> I'm totally happy with the option being not recommended for most users, but
> I'd like to ask that it not be completely removed in future versions.

Thanks for telling us about this issue. The TCPOnly option will not go away.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to