On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 05:21:06PM +0100, Erik Logtenberg wrote:

> I'm reading the tinc documentation [1], chapter 4 Configuration. I
> notice an apparent contradiction, and I wonder which part is correct.
> 
> In part 4.3 "How connections work" this is stated:
> 
> "If it [tinc] sees one or more ‘ConnectTo’ values pointing to other tinc
> daemons in that file, it will try to connect to those other daemons.
> Whether this succeeds or not and whether ‘ConnectTo’ is specified or
> not, tinc will listen for incoming connection from other deamons."
> 
> In other words: regardless of its configuration, tinc always opens a
> listener which other hosts can connect to.

This is correct, tinc will always listen for incoming connections.
> 
> In part 4.7 "Example configuration" however, I read the following:
> 
> "Also, ConnectTo is given so that no-one can connect to this node." (as
> a comment on the example configuration of Branch B)

This is incorrect, I've fixed the documentation in the git repository. Thanks
for noticing!

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to