Hi Peter, I say "trunk" from the standpoint of CISCO "Trunk Port = port that belonging to several VLANs. From the standpoint of other manufacturers "Trunk Port = port that sum the bandwith of several interfaces.
Becouse this, I have created those interfaces: eth0.5 and eth010 And I have ping to the PC in both VLANs. But if I add to bridge, for example, the eth0.5 and tap0, I haven't ping to the PCs in the VLAN 5. ¿Do you know the WRT54GL router and the OpenWRT firmware?. I think that here is my problem, that I don't well know how to work with Tinc and this router/firmware. I think that if I will installed all in two PCs with linux, all be work fine, but I need work with this routers. I am relying in this: http://wiki.openwrt.org/oldwiki/openwrtdocs/networkinterfaces https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=2711 Sorry if my english isn't very good... Best regards, Ramses > -----Mensaje original----- > De: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] En nombre > de Peter Dey > Enviado el: jueves, 18 de marzo de 2010 12:19 > Para: [email protected] > Asunto: Re: Can I pass 802.1q (VLAN tagged) through a VPN TincinHUB/Switch > mode?. > > > > The physical config: > > > > VLAN1(U)--| Switch Switch |-- > VLAN1(U) > > VLAN5(T)--|-- Trunk -- TincS-01 ---VPN--- TincS-02 -- Trunk --|-- > VLAN5(T) > > VLAN10(T)-| Port Port |-- > VLAN10(T) > > > > Note the "Trunk" part. I've never seen a facility under Linux to create a > trunk > interface (correct me if I'm wrong). > > Your eth0 interface will only carry traffic for the native VLAN. The > kernel's > already ditched traffic intended for other vlans. You will note that you > can't > see traffic for vlan5 on eth0. Hence why you need to create an eth0.5 to > get > traffic for vlan5. > > You will need to create vlan interfaces on your vpn interface for each > vlan, and > bridge them. > > What you want is... > > VLAN1 --- eth0.1---vpn0.1 --| |-- vpn0.1---eth0.1 ---VLAN1 > VLAN5 --- eth0.5---vpn0.5 --|---VPN---|-- vpn0.5---eth0.5 ---VLAN5 > VLAN10--- eth0.10--vpn0.10--| |-- vpn0.10--eth0.10---VLAN10 > > Cheers > Peter > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
