>>> this will cause new TCP connections to use segments that fit your interface >>> MTU. > > I have had this problem too! Can you do the same for UDP connections?
Sorry of this VERY late reply. I missed your email until now. No, you can't do it that simple with UDP. With TCP you have a three way handshake when setting up the connection where you can adjust the MSS with the --clamp-mss-to-pmtu iptables magic In UDP there is no "connection". Every packet is a single packet. What you can do is tuning the MTU of the tinc interface on the device that generates the UDP traffic. Putting it to a lower value (usually 1280 is okay) it will happen that most likely your packets will not be fragmented on the way. I suggest 1280 in the tun/tap interface and 1492 on the physical ethernet interface. Again this are safe values for avoid frammenting but you may find better values depending on the networks you are using. Saverio _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
