I think this is what "indirectdata = yes" is used for in the host files?
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM, <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi > > I'm trying to implement a scheme in which the nodes will have a direct UDP > tunnel to each other. > First, all nodes make connection with one public node, and then make > connections with each other. > > And I came across the following problem: > Remotely located nodes can establish a direct UDP connection, but the nodes > that are in the same local network can not, and all traffic goes through the > public node. > In the log files I see that the nodes can not agree on the MTU. > > 1298030480 tinc.vpn[4056]: No response to MTU probes from client_01 > > I understand this so that local nodes can not receive messages MTU probe > from each other. Although from the remote nodes they successfully receive > these messages. > > Tell me please, how can I solve this problem? > > > > Additional information: > > I have 4 nodes: > 1) VPNGATE - public node and all the other nodes are connected with it. > 2) CLIENT_01, CLIENT_02 - nodes are located in the same LAN. > 3) CLIENT_03 - remotely located node. > > > === VPNGATE === > tinc/vpn/hosts/vpngate > tinc/vpn/hosts/client_01 > tinc/vpn/hosts/client_02 > tinc/vpn/hosts/client_03 > > ... tinc.conf: > AddressFamily = ipv4 > BindToAddress = x.x.x.x (public IP address) > BindToInterface = eth0 > Name = vpngate > Device = /dev/net/tun > PrivateKeyFile = /etc/tinc/vpn/rsa_key.priv > Mode = switch > > > === CLIENT_0X === > tinc/vpn/hosts/vpngate > tinc/vpn/hosts/client_0X > > ... tinc.conf: > AddressFamily = ipv4 > Name = client_0X > ConnectTo = vpngate > Interface = tinc.vpn > PrivateKeyFile = C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn\rsa_key.priv > Mode = switch > > > === HOST FILES === > VPNGATE: > Compression = 9 > Address = x.x.x.x (public IP address) > Subnet = 192.168.10.0/24 > Port = 655 > -----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY----- > > CLIENT_0X: > Compression = 9 > Subnet = 192.168.10.X/32 > -----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY----- > > > and when I have full connectivity: > > ping CLIENT_01 ---> VPNGATE = 150 ms > ping CLIENT_01 ---> CLIENT_03 = 15 ms > ping CLIENT_01 ---> CLIENT_02 = 300 ms > > > Best regards, > Dmitry Kolesnikov > > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc >
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
