Guus, Sorry, I mis-spelled.
> can you tell me how to figure out what kind of packets from log files? I tried tcpdump vpn1 icmp before to test ping between the two instances. I can confirm vpn1(server side) can not reply to vpn1(client side) that time. I restarted them and fixed... Hao 2011/4/15 孫 顥 <[email protected]> > > Guus, > > I restarted my two instances in ec2 and found all working now. > It is weird, I still do not know which part goes wrong, but it is working > for me now. > > BTW, can you tell me how to figure out what can of packets from log files? > > Apr 15 05:55:39 jp-cloud-aws-vpn1 tinc.vpn1[1006]: Writing packet of 786 > bytes to Linux tun/tap device (tun mode) > Apr 15 05:55:39 jp-cloud-aws-vpn1 tinc.vpn1[1006]: Read packet of 66 bytes > from Linux tun/tap device (tun mode) > Apr 15 05:55:39 jp-cloud-aws-vpn1 tinc.vpn1[1006]: Sending packet of 66 > bytes to vpn2 (175.41.249.177 port 655) > > if you have some document about log file, please let me know. > > Thank you very much for your help. > > > 2011/4/14 Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> > >> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 05:44:39PM +0900, 孫 �[ wrote: >> >> > my ifconfig of tun device outputs following: >> > ifconfig vpn1 >> > vpn1 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr >> > 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00 >> > inet addr:10.0.101.10 P-t-P:10.0.101.10 Mask:255.255.255.0 >> > UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 >> >> Ok, it looks like the tinc-up script worked fine. Can you show me the >> output of >> "route -n" on both VPN servers? >> >> Are you using iptables or other forms of firewalling? Also, you can start >> tinc >> with the extra options "-d5 -D", which will cause it to run in the >> foreground >> and log almost everything that is going on. Try to ping while you are >> running >> tinc like that, and see what it logs. >> >> -- >> Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards, >> Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> tinc mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc >> >> > > > -- > ---- > 孫より > -- ---- 孫より
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
