On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 10:49:08AM +0200, Benjamin Henrion wrote:

> I recently had a machine filling up its harddisk with syslog and tinc
> pilling up milions of messages like this:
> 
> "Error while reading from Linux ethertap device /dev/net/tun: File
> descriptor in bad state"
> 
> I remembered that there was a difference between rsyslog and other
> loggers, where one of those was skipping those messages, and simply
> was displaying:
> 
> "this message has been repeated x times"
> 
> Any idea which logger it was?

Both rsyslog and Debian's sysklogd do that as far as I know. Also, tinc 1.0.15
will shut down if it gets too many errors from the tun device in a row.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to