On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Brian Prodoehl <[email protected]> wrote: > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> wrote: >> On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 12:46:34AM -0400, Brian Prodoehl wrote: >> >>> What is the suggested way of configuring tinc 1.1pre2 for multiple >>> physical interfaces between the nodes? In my configuration, each node >>> has a few IPv4 addresses (a base address for the node, and an address >>> for each physical interface). Route to the other node's base address >>> can jump around from one physical interface to another at runtime. >>> I've just been using the node's base address in the Address field of >>> the host file. With the TCP transport, there doesn't appear to be a >>> problem with this, but with the UDP transport, the source address of >>> the packets are that of the outgoing interface, which doesn't match >>> the Address field of any node, so the packets get dropped. Hopefully >>> what I described makes sense. >> >> The source address of the packets do not have to match that of an Address >> statement. And since 1.0.10 the source address of UDP packets does not have >> to >> match that of the TCP connection either. However, if there is some NAT device >> between your nodes, you may be out of luck, I do not know how well they will >> handle your situation. >> >> It would be helpful to let tinc log at debug level 5 on two nodes, and send >> me >> the log messages from around the time the route changes (a minute before and >> five minutes after the change). That should help me investigate the issue. > > Good to know that it should work. There is no NAT, just direct > connections between the nodes. I'll capture debug output and post it > as soon as I get a chance to. I believe the debug message I was > getting was coming out of this code: > > n = lookup_node_udp(&from); > > if(!n) { > n = try_harder(&from, &pkt); > if(n) > update_node_udp(n, &from); > else ifdebug(PROTOCOL) { > hostname = sockaddr2hostname(&from); > logger(LOG_WARNING, "Received UDP packet from unknown > source %s", hostname); > free(hostname); > return; > } > else > return; > } > > Would it matter if PMTU discovery is disabled?
That code is in net_packet.c, starting at line 623. _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
