On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 09:35:13AM +0800, Roger wrote: > > > I'm seeing periodic packet loss with tinc (1.0.16). I have 'ReplayWindow > = > > 0' in config, and ping between the hosts is perfect. > > Setting ReplayWindow to zero will disable protection against replayed > packets. > If you do not set ReplayWindow, what exactly happens with ping between the > hosts? > Thanks for replying. I meant pinging out of the tinc tunnel is perfect, but pinging in the tinc tunnel has packet loss. I tried to set 'ReplayWindow' but with no luck -- the packet loss are same. So that ruled out the UDP packets reordering problem which 'ReplayWindow' should fix. > > > I suspect the packets are identified and then dropped by the Great > Firewall. > > > > My question is: can it be identified by DPI? If yes, how should I improve > > tinc to avoid this? > > In principle tinc packets can be identified, if you have seen the initial > handshake and can associate the UDP packets with it The initial handshare is described here: http://tinc-vpn.org/documentation/tinc_6.html#Authentication-protocol . If I change the protocol in the first 2 steps (ID and METAKEY) and replace it with my own version, and use different UDP ports. Maybe it won't be identified. Roger
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
