Hi, I'm using Tinc v1.0.11 on Ubuntu 10.04 and seeing high CPU usage (up to 30%) on what I wouldn't consider high traffic levels.

The traffic is application server to database server connections and multicast communication for session-replication on the application server.

I'm running the tinc daemons in switch mode, to support the multicast. I have tried settings:

TunnelServer = no
Forwarding = off
DirectOnly = yes

To see whether that has an effect on CPU usage; which I haven't confirmed yet.

There aren't any special settings per host, just the address and the key.

1.0.11 is the latest package of Tinc I can find for Ubuntu 10.04; is it worth me trying to build or find a package for 1.0.16? I read the changes and it didn't appear that there were performance improvements for my case.

Any other tips for performance tuning Tinc?

Best regards,
Karl
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to