I have been using tinc for an IP V4 VPN for many years.  I am about to start 
looking at IP V6.

All the examples I have found use switch mode.  I really don't want to use 
switch mode -- this is a wide-area network, plus it will include several 
different networks and I want to be able to put in place firewall rules 
between some of them.  I plan a star topology, with a central routing (and 
firewall) node with tinc connections to each site where there is a router 
handling that site's subnets (or, in some cases, just single nodes).

Is there any reason I cannot use router mode for IPV6?  Any disadvantages?

I think, from the documentation, that that means that IP multicast will not 
work -- while certainly not critical, is there any chance of getting it to 
work (through the central router)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Graham
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
  • IPV6 Graham Cobb

Reply via email to