On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 09:02:08PM +1100, Peter Dey wrote:

> > But what is the problem with the service getting deleted? It will get added
> > again when you do tincctl start.
> 
> There's different permissions required to add/delete services and stop/start 
> them.  Under my setup, normal (non-admin) users can stop/start/restart the 
> tinc.<netname> service without needing to elevate (since most of them don't 
> have 
> the administrator password.

Ah, I didn't know that. Ok, I'll see if I can change tincctl's behaviour on 
Windows.

> If someone were to write a gui around tincctl (perhaps something like openvpn 
> has), deleting/creating the service when a user simply intends to start/stop 
> it 
> would probably be undesirable.

There is an experimental GUI in the tinc 1.1 prereleases. It even works on
Windows, if you have installed Python/wxWidgets. It doesn't start/stop
anything yet though.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to