On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 05:56:43AM -0300, Rafael Westenberger wrote:

> I've recently set up tinc on openwrt routers that take care of the traffic
> between distinct subnets. Unfortunately some of my users are trying to
> transfer way more than those devices can handle, so thought I could install
> tinc locally at their machines to offload most of the traffic from the
> routers. I've read in the docs, that you can assign priorities for clients
> that have the SAME subnet, but that would not be the case here. While the
> gateway routers manage /24 subnets, the clients would only manage their own
> /32 subnet. What is the best course of action in these cases?

That should not be a problem. Tinc supports nested subnets, and always gives
higher priority to smaller subnets. So just let each client have a /32 Subnet,
and it should work.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to