Hi, I am running tinc (1.0.19) on a cluster of around 40 servers (Xen virtual machines in two geographical locations). Overall it works very well, however yesterday it crashed on two machines in odd way. I was still able to ping VPN IPs of other hosts from the two affected machines but "vpn" interface was not visible when I run ifconfig. There was also no "tincd" process running (at least ps aux wasn't showing it). They logged the following for approx. 20 minutes in the /var/log/syslog:
Mar 27 01:52:14 us16 tinc.vpn[9528]: Flushing meta data to <peer_host> (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 655) failed: Connection reset by peer and eventually: Mar 27 01:53:03 us16 tinc.vpn[9528]: send_meta() called with NULL pointer! Any suggestions what could be the reason for this crash and if upgrading to the latest 1.0.20 might prevent it happening in the future very much appreciated. Kind regards, Chris _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
