All, I'm working on setting up tinc on a Nexus 7 and I seem to be hitting some issues; any advice is greatly appreciated.
Basic tinc configuration: one bridge node on my main network, and traveling devices connect back to it to get back onto the main network (bridged mode). I've managed to get the connection back to my host network (layer 2 established), but when I try to pull DHCP via a tinc-up or hostname-up script, I have issues. dhcpcd goes through the steps but never actually seems to get a response. When run "dhcpcd tap0" in a separate terminal (i.e. not in one of the *-up scripts), everything works fine. Also, is there any more elegant way to enable name resolution for the tinc network? so far the only luck I've had is to use getprop/setprop with the "net.dns1" properties and such. It can be automated, but I feel like this is a kludge. In short, how is everybody else handling layer 3+ (OSI Model) and up on their android devices? Am I the only one using non-static IP addresses? Let me know your thoughts, and thanks for the help! Regards, Mike
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
