Hi Lance,
Yes, this is the error that give me with the private key (rsa_key.priv). I try to change the permissions with "chmod 600 rsa_key.priv", but It does nothing. Anyway, It works now. I have wrote a post in Spanish with the complete install process. If someone is interested I send it. Best regards, Ramsés De: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] En nombre de Lance Fredrickson Enviado el: miércoles, 24 de abril de 2013 22:12 Para: [email protected] Asunto: Re: How to install Tinc in a device with Android 2.3.7? I have some examples on my website you can take a look at, one specifically taken from a working setup on my phone. lancethepants.com/files -> Binaries -> Tinc. The Tinc configuration for android is nearly identical as anything else. It does have one more parameter called "ScriptsInterpreter" that you will need to have. You should see this in my example. And also the android developers web-site. http://tinc_gui.poirsouille.org/ You're not very specific on the errors that came up, so can't really know what they are. Concerning the private key, make sure your config is pointing to the right location of the private key, and that the private key has the right access permission. Otherwise you'll need to chmod the private key. >From the Tinc manual: Warning: insecure file permissions for RSA private key file `rsa_key.priv'! · The private key file is readable by users other than root. Use chmod to correct the file permissions. good luck! Lance On 4/24/2013 1:38 PM, Ramses II wrote: Lance, thanks by your answer. You are right. When I run Tun.ko Installer, appears "Tun module is loaded" and in the next line appears "Path to tun.ko in not found!". Well, now I have installed Tinc-GUI from Play Store. Can tell me somebody how to create the tinc configuration and keys, and where put it? I have copied a configuration from a PC to "/sdcard/tinc" and I have configured Tinc-GUI to load it in this folder, but gives me errors with the private key and some things more. Best regards, Ramses De: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] En nombre de Lance Fredrickson Enviado el: martes, 23 de abril de 2013 21:49 Para: [email protected] Asunto: Re: How to install Tinc in a device with Android 2.3.7? I was under the impression that cyanogenmod already had the tun module integrated in the kernel. It was already there on my dinc2 when I was running cyanogenmod 7.2 on Android 2.3.7. One way I can confirm that I have it is to install OpenVPN settings -> Menu -> Prerequisites. Just found the following too. TUN.ko Installer from the android market also states this... "If it says 'Path to tun.ko is not found' It means the app cannot find the path to your tun.ko, because its possible that tun support is COMPILED WITHIN YOUR KERNEL" I would guess that since you're running cyanogenmod, this is the case, and you are already good to go. See if OpenVPN settings can confirm this. Lance On 4/23/2013 1:29 PM, Ramses II wrote: Hi everybody, I want to install tinc in Android 2.3.7 but I can't find the tun.ko module that is needed to run tincd. I have installed the "tun.ko installer" from Play Google. I run it and when I press over the Install button, it gives me the next error: "Cannot find a compatible tun module for your device! Please try again later..." Has somebody installed Tinc over Android 2.3.7? Can somebody send me the tun.ko module or tell me where I can find it? I have the next firmware and device: - HTC Desire HD - CyanogenMod-7.2.0-ace - Android 2.3.7 - Kernel Linux localhost 2.6.35.14-cyanogenmod-g295e82f #1 PREEMPT Sun Nov 13 14:34:17 CET 2011 armv7l GNU/Linux Best regards, Ramsés _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
