Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> writes: > On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 08:43:25AM -0700, Nikolaus Rath wrote: > >> This is what it looks like with -d 4. I also updated the server tinc >> version to 1.0.22 now: >> >> Aug 28 15:20:38 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Expiring symmetric keys >> Aug 28 15:20:38 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending KEY_CHANGED to everyone >> (BROADCAST): 14 3296e87f ebox >> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Connection from 198.228.212.252 port >> 32534 >> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending ID to <unknown> >> (198.228.212.252 port 32534): 0 ebox 17 >> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending 10 bytes of metadata to >> <unknown> (198.228.212.252 port 32534) >> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Got PING from <unknown> >> (198.228.212.252 port 32534): 8 > > That's very strange. It looks like there is a PING message in a buffer > somewhere that is being received by ebox instead of the ID message. I have > never seen this before... > >> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Connection from 198.228.212.252 port >> 52274 >> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending ID to <unknown> >> (198.228.212.252 port 52274): 0 ebox 17 >> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending 10 bytes of metadata to >> <unknown> (198.228.212.252 port 52274) >> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Flushing 10 bytes to <unknown> >> (198.228.212.252 port 52274) >> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Got ID from <unknown> (198.228.212.252 >> port 52274): 0 thinkpad 17 > > Which version of tinc is thinkpad running? Could you run tincd there as well > with -d4, and copy&paste the log from that one as well when the > problem occurs?
I just wanted to report back that I'm still working on getting you the logs. The problem is that the message appears only sporadic, so if I globally enable -d4 for all clients, it's flooding my logfiles like crazy. I guess there is no way to somehow restrict the amount of debugging messages while still giving you the information you need? Best, -Nikolaus -- »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.« PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
