> Personally, I prefer the CLI because all of my other tools are used in the 
> terminal. And I do not want strangers looking at a web interface as they are 
> tempting to hack... So many ways to exploit my boxes are introduced when a 
> web interface is showing public.
> 

Or try to change settings when behind a flakey GPRS or VSat connection. The GUI 
should provide all the information you need.

I’m not fond of web interfaces built-into all sorts of tools either. Example? 
sispmctl controlling my Silvershield Powerbar. I integrated it into the web 
interface that was already available by calling sispmctl from there and prevent 
any bad HTTP behaviour (or lack of support for IPv6, etc.).

tincctl is at its first (second?) iteration, so let’s allow some time for Guus 
to flesh it out some more, and provide ways to present that complex information.

Nick
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to