Hello, I understand that I can use the openssl ciphers and digests available on my systems, i.e. those in the list generated by "openssl list-cipher-commands" and "openssl list-message-digest-algorithms".
I want to create a admin vpn network between my servers and my workplace. Network throughput is not a big issue, I am using ssh and the cli, however I would also do incremental rsync backups over this vpn. What are the recommendations for rsa key lengths, the cipher and the digest algo ? Blowfish as the symmetric cipher seems ok to me. Would aes-256-cbc benefit from the aes acceleration in modern cpus ? Would cipher=aes-256-cbc work in my host configuration files ? The documentation ( man 5 tinc.conf ) says that sha1 is the default digest. What about using sha512? Any huge performance penalty that I would have to know about ? Would digest=sha512 work in my host configuration files ? What is the max rsa key length supported by tinc when running tincd -n NETNAME -KXXXX to generate the asym. rsa key? 4096, 8192, 16384 ? Is there somewhere a write up of the steps to build my own .deb packages for debian wheezy and ubuntu 12.04 ? Thanks _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
