On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 01:00:22PM +0100, Nick Hibma wrote:

> I would like to ask you to reconsider using SIGINT for logging change. It’s a
> pain to kill tincd when started from the command line. Ctrl-C does not work
> as expected. Great for debugging perhaps, but in normal use cases, when
> trying to make a connection work and test changes it’s a pain.
> 
> On BSD there is SIGINFO (29), which can be sent by pressing Ctrl-T, but I am
> not sure whether that exists on all Linuxes.

I won't change the behaviour of SIGINT in tinc 1.0.x. But this is fixed in tinc
1.1, there Ctrl-C works as expected. It also makes it much easier to debug; you
can for example just get log output for any log level from an already running
tinc daemon using this command:

tinc -n <netname> log <loglevel>

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to