Hi all, I have two nodes, connected to a switch, using Tinc 1.1 from git.
They connect each other with sptps, and to other nodes in the Internet with old protocol because they have Tinc 1.0. There is no problem with remote nodes, but between my 2 local nodes, they see 1518 PMTU. But local network is 1500 MTU !!! So nodes can ping each other but larger data does not go. test1=sllm1 test2=sllm2 test1:/usr/src/tinc# tinc -n coppint info sllm2 Node: sllm2 Address: 192.168.0.202 port 655 Online since: 2014-02-25 13:36:39 Status: validkey visited reachable sptps udp_confirmed Options: pmtu_discovery clamp_mss Protocol: 17.3 Reachability: directly with UDP PMTU: 1518 Edges: host1 host3 host4 host6 sllm1 Subnets: 1a:26:ce:e3:fb:13 6e:de:af:13:55:bf root@test2:~# tinc -n coppint info sllm1 Node: sllm1 Address: 192.168.0.200 port 655 Online since: 2014-02-25 13:36:39 Status: validkey visited reachable sptps udp_confirmed Options: pmtu_discovery clamp_mss Protocol: 17.3 Reachability: directly with UDP PMTU: 1518 Edges: host1 host3 host4 host6 sllm2 Subnets: 12:a5:76:ae:f6:d1 16:5c:d3:3:89:e6 aa:43:ea:86:94:19 c2:3a:f:4a:bd:2c c2:a9:10:51:bd:3e de:ad:ac:cf:a4:ad f2:7e:b:6f:98:48 I did -d5 in Tinc daemon but I see nothing interesting: root@test2:~# cat /var/log/tinc-coppint.log | grep PMTU 2014-02-25 13:31:18 tinc.coppint[413140]: Increase in PMTU to sllm1 (192.168.0.200 port 655) detected, restarting PMTU discovery What do I have to look for in this file ? Host config contains only Address, Cipher, Digest and MACLength; but I think that 3 last are rewritten by sptps. Tinc config is : AddressFamily = ipv4 #BindToInterface = vmbr1 Broadcast = mst ConnectTo = host1 ConnectTo = host2 ConnectTo = host3 ConnectTo = host4 ConnectTo = host5 ConnectTo = host6 ConnectTo = sllm1 Forwarding = internal GraphDumpFile = /tmp/tinc-graph Mode = switch Name = sllm2 PrivateKeyFile = /etc/tinc/coppint/rsa_key.priv ProcessPriority = high What do you think my problem is ? Thank you a lot for your help. _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
