I can confirm it works well. I use tinc to connect to my win 8.1 workstation almost everyday.
I just followed the docs and I make sure that I configure the interface in network and sharing center before starting the service. On Feb 27, 2014 6:38 AM, "Maik" <[email protected]> wrote: > Has anyone tried to use tinc on a Windows 8.1 system? I just did it and > noticed, that I am unable to start the service. > *c:\Program Files (x86)\tinc\tincd -n vpn tinc.vpn service installed tinc.vpn > se*rvice started > > > .. will create and start the service, but not really. The servic exists, but > can not be started. > > If I start the service manually, I got the following message (translated > literally): the service "tinc.vpn" was started on the local computer und > stopped afterward. Some services will be stopped automatically, if they will > be used independent from other services or applications. > > I can start tinc with .. > *c:\Program Files (x86)\tinc\tincd -D -n vpn* > > .. without problems, but have to keep the window open and that's not really > useable. ;-) > > Any ideas how to fix the problem? > > Many thanks!*Maik* > > > > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc > >
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
