Hi Lars,

>> I am building a VPN for my cloud servers (hosted at DigitalOcean, they use
>> Linux and KVM). I am on Ubuntu 12.04 with Kernel 3.0.8-36, and tinc is at
>> version 1.0.16.
> 
> did you already try a different version of tinc?
Not yet - just did now

> For example I noticed a remarkable performance difference between v1.0.14 and
> v1.0.19 in the range of factor 8 (in favour for v0.19).

Just tried 1.0.19 - unfortunately no difference, exactly the same throughput. I 
wanted to try 1.1pre, however I could not get it to work right away (failed to 
decrypt) so I gave up on that one.

Thinking again and sleeping over it ;) I figured, maybe it is easiest and 
sufficient to simply use iptables for whitelisting all internal IP addresses 
that have been assigned to me (I am using Ansible (similar to chef, puppet, or 
salt) to manage the entire cluster, so that change is trivial to implement - 
the only issue is to keep it up-to-date when removing a node from the cluster).

Thanks, Jürgen

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to