In this exercise, I'm on a remote computer (work, laptop at starbucks, whatever) and want to get to my entire home network. The remote computer is running Windows 7.
Everything is working. I can access everything in my home network. (I put a static route in my router for the node running tinc) - But on the remote computer(s) I am having to put a route statement in. Home network is 10.10.1.0/24 and I have statically assigned 10.10.10.x/24 addresses for all of the tinc adapters. This is the config of the host that is the "gateway" to my home machine. ====================== /tinc/hosts/aapc ====================== Address = 74.13x.4x.1x Subnet = 10.10.1.0/24 Subnet = 10.10.10.101/32 -----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY----- xxx -----END RSA PUBLIC KEY----- ====================== /tinc/hosts/aapc ====================== On the remote machine I have an "up" script to add the route - but it does not work as tinc tries to run it before windows has fully negotiated something, and windows cries about the interface (10.10.10.102 in this case) not existing. I can run it manually a moment later and everything is kosher. ====================== /tinc/hosts/aapc-up.bat ====================== route add 10.10.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.102 ====================== /tinc/hosts/aapc-up.bat ====================== It was my understanding that tinc handles the routing automatically based on what is in the "subnet =" stanza. 1. Should I need to be using the route statement in the first place? 2. Am I doing this correctly? Maybe I'm completely off base. Any input is appreciated. Aaron _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
