On 04/11/2014 03:37 PM, Guus Sliepen wrote: > On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 02:00:57PM +0200, Florent B wrote: > >> I'm doing some perf profiling, and I can see that BF_encrypt & >> BF_decrypt of libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (used in tincd) are consuming CPU time. >> >> I'm using Tinc 1.0.23 and Cipher = aes-128-cbc >> >> BF_encrypt & BF_decrypt seems related to Blowfish >> (https://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/blowfish.html). >> >> Is it normal that BF functions are used even if AES is used ? I do not >> know anything about it so I'm just asking :) > Yes. When you set Cipher = aes-128-cbc, then AES will be used for the > encryption of UDP packets. However, in tinc 1.0.x, the meta-connections always > use bf-cbc as the cipher.
Ok thank you :) > >> I have configured "Cipher = aes-128-cbc" only on the node that has >> "ConnecTo", is this the right way to do or does it have to be both side >> ? (example : node1 is configured without ConnecTo, and only have node2 >> public key in config, but node2 has ConnectTo and Cipher for node1) > You should have it on both sides. > > Oh Ok, it might be a problem if it's only on one side ? :( _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
