> > > > Something strange is happening at my place: I have lots of packet loss > > > > in my tinc vpn. > > > > > > > > Network layout: > > > > > > > > laptop --- wifi --- other pc > > > > > > > > ping from laptop to other pc OUTSIDE tinc: 0% packet loss > > > > ping from laptop to other pc VIA tinc: 50% packet loss > > > > > > > > What could be the cause of that? > > > > > I would try first to remove the *wifi* from the picture ... > > > > Please re-read my question. > > I also did a ping to the other pc outside of the vpn over wifi. And that > > way it had 0% packet loss. So the wifi has 0% packet loss. > > > > Your pings shows your WiFi from your AP to laptop has a good connection, it > does not show that the WiFi from your laptop to AP has a good connection.
Luckily I can ping my AP as well. And: - laptop to ap: 0% ping loss - laptop to ap to other pc: 0% ping loss - now the same thing over tinc: 58% loss 172.29.0.8 : xmt/rcv/%loss = 17/7/58%, min/avg/max = 3.10/60.9/217 192.168.64.100 : xmt/rcv/%loss = 17/17/0%, min/avg/max = 2.19/35.7/196 192.168.62.1 : xmt/rcv/%loss = 17/17/0%, min/avg/max = 1.92/23.1/171 (this is 17 pings) 192.168.64.100 = other pc 172.29.0.8 = other pc as well but over tinc 192.168.62.1 = ap 192.168.62.132 = my laptop I also have an other access point from a different brand on a different channel and there I have the exact same problem. Folkert van Heusden -- Wintips voor de staatsloterij? http://www.vanheusden.com/sl.php Meer weten over Bitcoins? http://www.vanheusden.com/bitcoins/ Meer weten over TOR? http://www.vanheusden.com/tor/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE, www.vanheusden.com _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
