On 15 Jun 2014, at 12:34, Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:06:25AM +0200, Nick Hibma wrote:
> 
>> Does any of you have a sensible way of monitoring tinc? I haven’t tried 
>> anything yet, sorry for that. I’d like to avoid log spamming like the 
>> check_ssh plugin does (‘10+ preauth' warnings a day).
>> 
>> check_tcp is an option, but I was wondering whether anyone cooked up 
>> something more sensible.
> 
> It depends on what and how you want to monitor. If you only want to know
> if a local tinc daemon is still running, then the following script could
> be enough:
> 
> #!/bin/sh
> kill -0 `cut -f 1 -d ' ' /var/run/tinc.NETNAME.pid`
> 
> If you want to monitor it remotely, then either ssh to the host running
> tinc and run the above command, or run a tinc daemon on the Nagios host
> and add host-up/down scripts to record which nodes are up, or if you use
> tinc 1.1 you could use the "tinc info" command to check whether a node
> is up or not.

In that case I’ll go for

        % /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_tcp -H 213.206.237.82 -p 655 -e 
'lcrproxy'
        TCP OK - 0.035 second response time on 213.206.237.82 port 655 [0 
lcrproxy 17]|time=0.035362s;;;0.000000;10.000000

which checks for the presence of the daemon, reachabililty of the host and 
whether it’s tinc that is running on port 655.

Nick

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to