I took a look at the code paths involved and I couldn't see anything that seemed wrong. Could you please reproduce with the following commit:

https://github.com/dechamps/tinc/commit/f17f57d516926622e065974fe10c7be0b53ef3b4

And provide -d4 output as well as strace output. Preferably mixed into the same file (you can do that using -D to force foreground operation, which will probably be more convenient for your tests) so that the relative timeline is preserved, and preferably from the beginning of time (use pastebin or similar).

On 02/07/2014 15:49, Julien Muchembled wrote:
Le 07/02/14 16:42, Etienne Dechamps a écrit :
On 07/02/2014 01:05 PM, Julien Muchembled wrote:
Thanks to recent fix of 'Failed to decrypt and verify packet' issue by Etienne, 
I decided to upgrade tinc on a few nodes.
I had to go back to 1.1pre9 immediately because tinc on my laptop didn't 
survive the restart of other nodes. It aborted with the following message:
    Error while waiting for input: Bad file descriptor

I probably won't have time to investigate this before the week-end, but you 
might want to indicate the commit you're building from. It would also be 
helpful to have debug level 4 (-d4) output mixed with the strace output so that 
we can see what tinc thinks it's doing while this is happening. In addition, 
more log history would probably be useful.

Commit 132ba09
Actually, I increased verbosity when I did strace so I already have them.
I reproduce by shutting down my wlan interface. Here are the logs the match the 
sendto(3) calls:

Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: srv2 (81.x.x.123 port 655) didn't 
respond to PING in 5 seconds
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Closing connection with srv2 
(81.x.x.123 port 655)
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Sending DEL_EDGE to everyone 
(BROADCAST): 13 731fd74b tecra srv2
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Sending 23 bytes of metadata to srv 
(192.168.2.2 port 655)
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Trying to connect to srv2 
(192.168.1.1 port 655)
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Could not connect to srv2 
(192.168.1.1 port 655): Network is unreachable
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Could not set up a meta connection 
to srv2
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Trying to re-establish outgoing 
connection in 5 seconds
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Sending PING to srv (192.168.2.2 
port 655): 8
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Sending 2 bytes of metadata to srv 
(192.168.2.2 port 655)
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Error while waiting for input: Bad 
file descriptor
and next:
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Closing connection with srv 
(192.168.2.2 port 655)
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Closing connection with tecra 
(MYSELF port 655)
Jul 02 01:39:52 t420s tinc.jmuchemb[29145]: Terminating



--
Etienne Dechamps
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to