Hello Guus, On 11/18/2015 11:22 AM, Guus Sliepen wrote: > On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 08:25:28AM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote: > >> But I have a question regarding "Subnet=" possibilities. When I have more >> than >> one Server acting as host for VMs and need to have automatic routing to >> all VMs on these servers, can I use tinc to create this routing >> automatically? >> >> My idea is to have a script which is started when a VM is started/stopped >> which will add/remove an Subnet=x.x.x.x/32 entry for this VMs IP address in >> the local hosts file of that node and send a HUP signal to tincd. >> Will tinc announce this new routing destination to all other nodes >> immediately? > > Yes, that will work. It might be a bit easier of you use the tinc 1.1 > prerelease, or at least use the "tinc" command from 1.1, so you can add > and remove subnets simply by running: > > tinc -n <netname> add Subnet x.x.x.x/32 > > If you are running a 1.1preX tincd, it will automatically get notified, > if you are running a 1.0.x tincd, you have to do "tincd -n <netname> > -kHUP" to have it update its Subnets.
it doesn't work. tincd doesn't reread the its hosts config file to get the new Subnet settings. I rewrote the hosts/<my host> file (adding a Subnet) and sent the HUP signal. But with USR2 signal, each node and the local itself doesn't show anything about the new Subnet entry. Did I miss something? I need to stay with version 1.0. Armin _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
