I read tinc documentation part:

"
For Branch A

BranchA would be configured like this:



In /etc/tinc/company/tinc-up:



# Real interface of internal network:

# ifconfig eth0 10.1.54.1 netmask 255.255.0.0

ifconfig $INTERFACE 10.1.54.1 netmask 255.0.0.0



...



Note that the IP addresses of eth0 and tap0 are the same. This is quite 
possible, if you make sure that the netmasks of the interfaces are different. 
It is in fact recommended to give both real internal network interfaces and tap 
interfaces the same IP address, since that will make things a lot easier to 
remember and set up.
"

Can you explain best the last statement saying that real eth0 and tap0 can have 
some ip with different netmask ?
Overlapping: 10.1.0.0 - 10.1.255.255  and 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255

Cannot be arise conflicts ?

If my internal network is 172.16.0.0/19 and I have eth0 ip = 
172.16.1.10/255.255.224.0 and I set tun/tap ip = 172.16.1.10/255.0.0.0  I've

172.16.0.0 - 172.16.31.255 range network for eth0
and
172.0.0.0 - 172.255.255.255 range network for tun/tap

How the system knows how to resolve this overlapping ?
Doesn't be the two networks totally independent (non overlapping) to allow 
correct routing ?


Roberto



_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to