Hello, for help in ubuntu packaging go on IRC freenode and join #ubuntu-server
you can find great help there. You can not make a make deb from vanilla sources. You need a debian tarball with the debian folder in it. Check out sources of the current ubuntu package: https://launchpad.net/tinc-vpn It looks like you have to checkout the sources with bazar Saverio 2016-11-13 21:28 GMT+01:00 Guillermo Bisheimer <[email protected]>: > Hi to all. > > I'm experimenting with tinc 1.1 using ubuntu and I need to generate a .deb > package to be able to install latest 1.1pre14 version in ubuntu. I found the > .deb package for debian in the experimental repositories, but couldn't find > the same for ubuntu and wish to build the package myself. > > I'm able to compile and install Tinc from sources on ubuntu, but never > created deb packages before. Is this process already automated in the Tinc > makefiles? I found that running "make deb" gives me an error "cannot open > 'debian/changelog' for reading: Not such file or directory" > > Regarding the Tinc command, can it be used for tinc 1.0 too? I'm developing > an API for tinc and I'm using information fetched from Tinc command included > in the 1.1 release. Its very helpful > > Thanks! > -- > > Ing. Guillermo Bisheimer > > B&S Sistemas de Control y Equipamientos > > Av. de los Constituyentes 1172 > > (E3116CIX) Crespo, Entre Ríos > > Tel/Fax: (0343) 407-8990 (Nuevo número) > > Cel: (0343) 154679052 > > WEB: www.bys-control.com.ar > > e-mail: [email protected] > > skype: guillermo.bisheimer > > > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > https://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc > _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] https://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
