Hi,

I am trying to access devices (ip cams) through clients using the tinc vpn.

Let's demonstrate the problem with two clients:

client name   [ip in eth0]        [ip in tun0]

gl752  (A)     192.168.1.33    10.0.0.1
xps13 (B)     192.168.1.55    10.0.0.2

I also have an ip camera connected to the local network at 192.168.1.21.

I want to try a situation where I am accessing, from linux box (A) that is part of a tinc vpn, a "remote" ip camera, that is connected to a linux box (B) "far away" (i.e. behind routers, firewalls, etc.). Linux box (B) is connected to the same tinc vpn as linux box (A).

Let's take, for our testing purposes, in the aforementioned lan, A=gl752, B=xps13.

i.e., i'd like to access the ip-camera using the tunneling interface "tun0"

gl752 (connecting to camera "10.0.0.21"..?) <==> tun0 <==> xps13 <==> eth0 <==> connecting to camera: 192.168.1.21

I'd like to have the camera to have the ip address 10.0.0.21 in the tun0 interface.

The camera should be able to stream multicast as well.

When I'm trying to connect to 10.0.0.21 at gl752, the request is sent to interface "tun0" to "*", i.e. an arp request is made that is then being emulated by tinc, right? .. but tinc is only aware of "10.0.0.1" and "10.0.0.2"

1) Is there any way to make tinc aware of a device that is accessible through the client "xps13", i.e. some sort of "auto-mapping" 192.168.1.21 => 10.0.0.21 (I remember openvpn had something like this..?).

2) .. Or should I define "xps13" as being the gateway for "gl752", along the lines of:

https://www.tinc-vpn.org/examples/redirect-gateway/

Then, in addition I should do some iptables routing in "xps13", right?
.. I am not sure that multicast will work with this solution though.

3) Or is the thing that I am trying to achieve here, better described as "bridging", and I should do something along these lines .. ?

https://www.tinc-vpn.org/examples/redirect-gateway/


Regards,

Sampsa


_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to