On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 5:17 AM, Henk <[email protected]> wrote: > I am having problems connecting two computers over the vpn. > Form the debug messages it looks like the two computers are connected via tcp > on port 655. > > But when I try to ping the other computer I get the message: > > Cannot route packet from TrackServer (MYSELF): unknown IPv4 destination > address 10.23.23.255 > > One computer has the VPN ip address 10.23.23.1, the other 10.23.23.2. The > network mask is 255.255.255.0 > The both run windows, tinc 10.0.32 > > The strangest thing that after a lot of pinging and increasing the debug > level they suddenly start working. > I have this same issue on multiple pairs of computer, with the same settings. > > I have disabled IPv6 on the network cards. > > Does anybody know what causes this and how to solve it or how do get more > information about this problem?
What Subnet= settings have you used in each hosts file on each host? In the hosts files, you might want to try setting each host's Subet= to its own <VPN ip address>/32. For example: On the first: Subnet=10.23.23.1/32 On the second: Subnet=10.23.23.2/32 The subnet of a host (in the host's hosts file) is different from the subnet of the VPN interface on the host. -Parke _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] https://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
