Hi,

I'm still a newbie in openerp concerns, that's the reason I'm asking for some
help with this modification.

I found in OpenERP Swiss Alliance
(http://www.swiss-openerp.ch/Documentation/Documentation-technique/5-digits-prices)
 the following entry describing how to add 5 digits price accuracy in OpenERP.
This is exactly what we need for our company, and I though it could solve our
problem.

The point where I'm missing the explanation is where they tell you to create a
new XML inherited from "product.normal.form" and add these "position" and
"digits value" (before/after/instead). I've created this inherited form, but I
got no idea where to add these properties.

If anybody could give me a clue over this I would appreciate it very much.

Here's the complete text:

> 5 digits prices
>
> Every screen in OpenERP is defined by one or more XML file(s).
>
> The files can be edited through the client menu "Administration > Custom >
> Interface > View".
>
> Existing views should not be edited or any changes will be lost when
> upgrading the module (the files will be overrided).
>
> Let's try to add 4 decimals in the list price.
>
> You have to look for the 'product.normal.form' in the menu. You can see that
> the cost price is given by the value 'list_price'
>
> Create a new XML view that will inherit from 'product.normal.form' and add
> the following:
>
> The newly defined 'list_price' will override the normal form.
>
> The position value could be 'before', 'after' or 'replace'
> The digits value are <total> , <number>.
>
> Edit the tools/config.py file and replace
>
> 'price_accuracy' : 2,
>
> by
>
> 'price_accuracy' : 5,
>
> Remove the tools/config.pyc file and restart the server.
>
> To store the data, we have to change the DB constraint. Connect as the
> postgres user and use the psql command line tool.
>
> su postgres
> psql <my>
>  ALTER TABLE product_template ALTER list_price TYPE numeric(16,5);
>
> Now, we should do the same changes for the standard_price. As this value is
> used in a Postgres view, we must first drop the view. (stop OpenERP before).
>
> DROP VIEW report_mrp_inout
>
> ALTER TABLE product_template ALTER standard_price TYPE numeric(16,5);
>
> CREATE VIEW report_mrp_inout AS
> SELECT min(sm.id) AS id, to_char((sm.date_planned)::timestamp with time zone,
> 'YYYY:IW'::text)
> GROUP BY to_char((sm.date_planned)::timestamp with time zone,
> 'YYYY:IW'::text);
>
> Restart OpenERP, and you are done.

Thanks in advance,

Damian Alvarez