Hi, this is my first message to this list.

I am a newbie in the ERP world but with a good Linux / Open Source
background.

and based on the latest criteria that's what i have chosen OpenERP to
give a try.

I am at the beginning following the OpenERP book "Open ERP, a modern
approach to
integrated business management"

Instalation on Debian didn't go well with debian packages, so i use the
.tar.gz and everything is running fine now.

Since i am developing i turned on syslog and log_level options on the
config file and they didn't work, if i use the options on the command
line they work well, openerp flush their data correctly to syslog, and
so i can process it through syslog-ng.

/usr/bin/python ./bin/openerp-server.py --syslog --log-level=debug
--config=/usr/local/openerp-server/config/openerp-server.cfg

this is the first bug i have encountered.

just a little more questions:

    * this is the official openerp maillist ?
    * the website don't allow us to download the book, i have to
      download from scribd.com
    * is there anybody in this list from Colombia (southamerica), i will
      like to exchange experiences with the colombian chart of accounts
      and everything related.

thank you very much.

Slds.

--