Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:36:43 -0330
From: Brett Parsons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Tinyos-help] Preferred TinyOS Multi-hop Routing Protocol
To: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU

Hi All,

I'm doing some research on multi-hop routing protocols for sensor
networks and have implemented a couple of them in TinyOS.  For my
research, I thought it would be nice to run some performance comparisons
(using various metrics) between the protocols I have implemented and a
protocol that comes standard with TinyOS.  However, since there are
several routing protocols that come standard with TinyOS, I'm not sure
which one to pick.  For instance, below are the locations for several
protocols found in TinyOS:

-  tos/lib/Route
-  tos/lib/MintRoute
-  tos/lib/MultiHopLQI

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which one of these
protocols to use in my simulations/comparisons?  Ideally, I want to
select the protocol that a researcher who was deploying a sensor network
would be more likely to choose.  Out of the existing sensor network
deployments, which routing protocol seems to get the most use?

Thanks,

Brett