Hi,

Thanks to all who replied earlier to my question about modifying the CC2420 MAC. After reading the relevant parts of the data sheet, most of my questions have been answered. I am still concerned about one thing. I was interested in sending short impulses about one CC2420_SYMBOL_UNIT long. From the data sheet, the shortest packet I could transfer is 7 bytes (4 bytes preamble, 1 byte SFD, 1 byte length) long. Is there any way I could send even smaller packets. The un-buffered serial mode looks promising, but even there it seems the preamble is attached by the hardware, so it is not possible to send smaller packets.

Ajit.
--
Ajit Chakrapani Warrier