Title: [Tinyos-help] Mica2 operation without antenna
Hi

Remove antenna from your mica2 will not damage anything, in fact we have removed all antennas from motes on our testbed in Crossbow.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Mat Kotowsky
Sent: Wed 12/7/2005 10:35 PM
To: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: [Tinyos-help] Mica2 operation without antenna

Hello,

        Perhaps this may be a question that I should ask directly to Crossbow, but I figure someone on this list may know.  I was wondering what the effect would be if I ran a mica2 for a few months with no antenna at all attached.  I'm hoping to create a mote that has such bad RF quality that it would be forced to multi-hop through a mote sitting immediately next to it, thereby assuring at least one mote that is 2 hops away from the base.  Will this damage the radio or otherwise physically damage anything?  I've run this test in a short lab experiment, but I don't know about the long-term effects.

Thanks,
-Mat