Using just "[EMAIL PROTECTED]:57600" mostly works for me.

Regards,

        Harri

At 11:31 AM 12/20/2005 -0700, Jacob Sorber wrote:
I use the C serial forwarder, not the java versions, so take this with grain of salt.

The C serial forwarder reports "write failed" when it does not receive an ACK for the packet within the timeout period. So the problem might be on the mote side. What is running on the mote? Is the Framer component wired properly? Is it getting started? It could be baudrate. It could be a packet format problem. I know the C serial forwarder doesn't accept "micaz" as a valid format (at least the version I'm using doesn't). I use only telosb motes, so I don't know what the right format is for micaz, but you could try both mica2 or telos. Just a thought.

Good luck,

Jacob Sorber