You might see if this matches up with the tos/platform/telos/AM.h struct.
If your groupID is indeed 0x7d, then it's a good guess. I don't have the
telos app code so I'm not sure if the stuff after moteID makes sense...
MS

Iris Aue wrote:
Hello everyone!

I've got two questions and any help would be greatly appreciated:

1.) when installing the Oscope programme on the mote, I type make telos reinstall, 2 (to set the mote ID to 2) but the mote ID stays the default 1. What am I missing?

2.) regarding message headers, I've read the documentation and even looked up the source code, but I can't figure out my message headers. I am running Oscope on telos motes and on the gateway mote TOSBase.

Without the sync bytes and escape bytes, this is what I get:

42 1a 1 8 4 ff ff ff ff a 7d 1 0 5c 8 5 0 | 20bytes sensor readings | 2 bytes checksum

I guess the following:
| 42 | 1a 1 8 4 ff ff ff ff a | 7d | 1 0 | 5c 8 | 5 0 | ... | packet type | ??? | group ID?|mote ID | | channel| readings & checksum

Can anyone help me out an fill the gaps?

Thanks a lot!
Iris