Hi kodati raghu

the field uint16_t strength;
ist not automatically put into the packet, you have to do this by yourself. For example by adapting TOSBase.

But make a search into this database of this helplist, this subject has been disscussed already many times

http://www.tinyos.net/search.html

Best Regards Hannes
hi..
i am working on multihop network... i am trying to calculate signal strength by using surge_reliable example.. any body is working in this example?? by running serian farwarder i am getting some packets...but i cont identifying which byte is signal strength???and any body can sugest which application is for calculate signal strength in multihop network?? if any body working on signal strength with multihop ..please give some sugations... when i run xlisten with surgr_reliable example
We get the following packets :
7e427d5e0011a116000000000000000000007d5e00600080c34f671818456aae49 [33]

Using xlisten we get the following parsed values :

surge id=00 parent=7e seq=0060 vref=0187 thrm=0067 light=004f accelX=0045
accelY=006a magX=0018 magY=0018.

Please guide us to identify the packets we can refer for the signal strength.

The tos_msg struc! ture is as follows:
typedef struct TOS_Msg
{
/* The following fields are transmitted/received on the radio. */
uint16_t addr;
uint8_t type;
uint8_t group;
uint8_t length;
int8_t data[TOSH_DATA_LENGTH];
uint16_t crc;
/* The following fields are not actually transmitted or received
* on the radio! They are used for internal accounting only.
* The reason they are in this structure is that the AM interface
* requires them to be part of the TOS_Msg that is passed to
* send/receive operations.
*/
uint16_t strength;
uint8_t ack;