Is there any way to instantiate a component more than once?

I wrote a program that instantiated a TimerC component and connected
application components to it's Timer interfaces.  The program also
used the networking stack.  The app didn't work because the networking
stack used the same Timer interfaces as my application.  It took me
quite a while to work out that NesC doesn't behave like
component-based languages I'm used to.

Is it possible to create components that can be instantiated more than
once?  Or, is there a compile option that will fail the build (or at
least give a warning) if a component is instantiated multiple times?

--Nat.