Shifted left 2 bits?....you mean bytes?
Did you account for ESC bytes on 0x7D's (I think that's the
value that needs pre-fixing)? That always trips me up...
You can also go one level deeper into Purgatory with ListenRaw
that will dump everything just as received.

Were you able to line up the TOSMsg header and verify that the
handler ID's in your messages were the values reported in your
original errors?

Also make sure that you
have the right device defined in your MOTECOM. If you are using
mica's you need to use "mica2" in all cases (unless you change
the base-station framer code).

I think mig is covered in the tutorials. I have not used it, nor
do I know anything about the X...apps. So I'm no use beyond this.
MS

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Im not sure I follow.
I went back and ran "java net.tinyos.tools.Listen" and I got the raw data. Because I am using the XSensorMTS400 application from XBOW, I parsed the data ,
based on the packet information given in TestMTS400M.nc.  I then use the
conversions given in that file, and the conversion given from Octave Technology.
 The only difference, is that Octave shifted left 2 bits the data first, the old
Xlisten from xbow did not.  Either way, the results were incorrect.  I tried to
convert bits 14 and 15, which should represent the Temperature (I THINK from the
sensirion chip).
What exactly (and how) can I use mig in this application? I have never used it.
Thank you very much.

Josh

Quoting Douglas Herbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I recently found myself in a similar situation, and it seems that
prior developers have as well.  I took the java code from TOSBase
application, and the corresponding jmakefile, and changed the
jmakefile to run mig on the message header files for my new
application instead of TOSBase. (mig is the tool to create java
classes to decode message packets).  I then simply copied the single
line that registers java message classes in hardware_check.java, and
pasted it multiple times changing the class name in each to all my
different message classes.

On my network, I have nine different message types, so decoding them
by hand is tedious.  Now, instead of running listen and trying to
decode, I run this custom tool that decodes the messages quite
cleanly, giving much more intuitive feedback on what my network is
transmitting.

Hope this helps,
Doug

__

Douglas R Herbert
SeNDOR Research Group
http://shay.ecn.purdue.edu/~sendor
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN

Office: Physics Building, Rm. 50
Office: 765 494 3010
Cell Phone: 317 432 xxxx
Email: drh - at - purdue.edu

Josh,

I would recommend using the Listen java application.  It will print
out
the raw packet to the screen and you can decode the message.  I am not
sure if xlisten does this.  I had the same problem with XSensorMTS400.

You might also want to look through the code and change the
implementation of the XSensorMTS400/TestMTS400 application so that it
collects the data and sends the packet each time the timer fires.

The way that is currently is, you will not receive packets at normal
time quantum.

Greg

Hey all,
 Ive recently upgraded from TinyOS-1.1.10 to TinyOS-1.1.15 using
mica2.
 Ive been able to run the XSensorMTS400 app, and use xlisten to
view results.

 NOw under 1.1.15, im having packet trouble.  WIth XsensorMTS400
installed on
a mica2, and TOSBase on the MIB board, when i run
"xlisten -r -p -c -b=mica2 -s=com7"
  (com7, because im using a USB-serial converter)
I get erros as such:

 error: no packet handler for tos type 0x80
 error: no packet handler for tos type 0x06
 error: no packet handler for tos type 0xf8
 error: no packet handler for tos type 0x06
 error: no packet handler for tos type 0x18
 error: no packet handler for tos type 0x18

and the types changed , and what seems to be random.
I am unable to pin point the error in the code.  Can anyone help
me please!!
this is very important.  THank you very much inadvance!!!

Josh