Hi Andrew,

I am looking to use the serial port to talk with another device.  What I was thinking was that I could cut the UART1RX and UART1TX lines before they go to the I/O buffer and reroute them from the MSP430.  The only problem is that I am not sure that the bsl does not send signals over these lines when the mote is reprogrammed.

Andrew