Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing an application counting bottles on a
transportation system.
I'd like to use the photo sensors on the tmote.
But it's quite hard for me to detect a bottle passing by without using
an extra light.
I've also played with a white LED and try to trigger on the reflexion of
the bottles but didn't manage to count all the bottles or I got two or
more triggers per bottle.
My current approach lookes like that:
I'm sampling the photo sensor a 10ms the compare the last two values
with the current one and if the present is about 10% bigger than the
former one I'll set a flag (high flag) and the go on sampling and wait
for some value where the present value is about 10% smaller than the
former ones.
It works ok but as I was telling you before the results are not as good
as they should be.
Furthermore I think with sampling at 10ms there's also a lot of power
consumed by the microcontroller.

Could anyone propose a differet approach to me?

Thanks a lot

Greetings

Christian